InBody 570 Advanced Analysis –
Let’s See What You Are Made Of!
Step off the scale and step up to the InBody 570 for advanced body composition analysis.
Advanced Space Age Analysis
Better Metrics - Valuable Insights
- NO Estimations
Only impedance is used to calculate your results – no statistical data needed.
- Lean Mass
Provides lean mass values for each body segment in pounds
Track changes in the Body Composition History chart on the Result Sheet
- Body Fat
Provides segmental fat and visceral fat analyses
- Body Water
Divides Total Body Water into Intracellular Water and Extracellular Water
- 45 Seconds
Quick and convenient body composition test
- Basal Metabolic Rate
Provides your calorie needs for life-sustaining functions
Let’s Learn Just a Bit About Body Fat
There is a common misconception that all body fat is bad. In truth, some body fat is needed to protect the person’s health as well as supply a reservoir of energy for performing various body functions. To better understand this, the total weight of body fat can be subdivided into three separate categories:
- Weight of “Essential Body Fat” – This amount of body fat is needed to protect the body from infectious diseases and to protect the internal organs from bruising damage.
- Weight of “Reserve Body Fat” – This additional body fat that does not cause any medical risks, and provides a reservoir of “fuel” for use by the body.
- Weight of “Excess Body Fat” – The amount of body fat that is over and above the combination of Essential Body Fat plus Reserve Body Fat. Excess Body Fat causes the risk of serious health problems such as strokes, heart attacks, diabetes and certain forms of cancer.
Essential Body Fat
Yes, there is a minimum percent body fat needed to remain healthy. Excessively low body fat percentages would put the body at risk for bacterial and viral diseases, while failing to provide the body with insulation against temperature extremes and protection for the internal organs against bruising. Note: The minimum percent body fat is higher for females than for males because of reproduction needs as well as other bodily functions
Essential Body Fat can be stored by the body in two different ways:
- Directly under the skin–called subcutaneous fat. This fat layer provides thermal protection and bruise protection.
- Inside the muscle itself–called intramuscular fat. This is similar to the thin layers of fat you see within meat when you buy a well trimmed steak from a butcher. This fat provides an emergency “fuel” source for the total body and “cushions” (i.e., protects) the vital organs from shock forces.
Reserve Body Fat
There are many studies that reinforce the idea of “minimum body fat levels” that can be achieved before one is at risk for health problems. Many of these studies were performed at the Cooper Institute in Dallas, Texas, and by the National Institute of Health’s Framingham Studies.
These studies largely agree that the maximum amount of allowable Reserve Body Fat depends on a person’s height, age, and gender. This is why our Oklahoma City BMI testing makes sure to measure such things with the help of InBody.
Excess Body Fat
So what happens when your fat levels are far in excess of those needed to protect the body and fuel its basic functions? The answer is weight gain, and ultimately, obesity. Research conducted by the NIH research shows that not only are health risks associated with Excess Body Fat, but the level of risk increases with the body fat percentage.
Contact Oklahoma Men’s Clinic to see how our Oklahoma City InBody BMI testing and composition analysis can help to guide more scientific and effective weight loss.